Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12/17/12 - Acts 27 - 28


S - Acts 28:25 - And disagreeing among themselves, they departed after Paul made one statement: "The Holy Spirit was right in saying to your fathers through Isaiah the prophet:
26 "'Go to this people, and say, "You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive."  27 For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'
28 Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I want you to be able to hear with your ears and see with your eyes.  I want you to be able to understand.  Listen with your heart and soul and pay attention to what I am telling you.  For you are a chosen child of mine.  Then you will be one of the ones preaching like Paul was here in this scripture.

A -  It is scary to think that I could even approach what Paul is doing here in this scripture.  But if that is what the Lord wants me to do, then I must listen and take advantage of the opportunities that he brings my way.  Paul was all about using the situation that he was in.  I need to learn to do that and to be unafraid, like he was.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for calling me like you called Paul.  Although, Paul and I are two different people.  Help me to learn to use the situation that I am in for your glory.  Give me the strength to speak like Paul did.  Give me opportunities to be bold like he was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment