Sunday, January 6, 2013

12/20/12 - Philippians

S - Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or disputing,  15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,  16 holding fast tot he word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.  17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I ma glad and rejoice with you all.  18 Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.
4:8 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  9  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me -- practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . be happy in your service to me.  You do live in a twisted generation.  You are to be my light shining in the world.  If you are but one who serves me, than my son's death was not in vain.  Remember to dwell on the things of my world, the truth, the honorable, the pure, the lovely, the commendable, those things worthy of praise.  Remember all of the things learned in Sunday School and in church.  Serve me gladly or don't serve me at all.

A - In my service to my Lord and Savior, I must be happy.  He does not want my service if I am grumbling about it all the time.  If I am not happy about serving him, they why do it?

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for all that you do for me.  Thank you for your son, who died that I might be able to live.  Help me to remember that, to serve you is an honor that I must relish.  Give me a joy in living my life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment