Wednesday, January 16, 2013

12/29/12 - 1 John 1 - 5

S - 1 John 2:1 - My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin.  But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.  2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.  3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commands.  4 Whoever says, "I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,  5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected.  By this may we know that we are in him:  6 whoever says he abides in him out to walk in the same way in he walked.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . yes, I have paid for your sins.  They are washed away.  But as the saying goes, "Go and sin no more!"  That is the key to this whole thing.  I want you to sin no more.  If you follow my commands I will be in you and you will be walking as I did.  If you continue to sin and say that you love me, I am not in you and you are not following me.

A - So, I just have to walk like Jesus walked, sinless throughout life?  No problem!?  Well, even if I do try to do that, and I would like to try, I am going to screw it up once in a while, okay, sometimes more than once in a while.  That is why he came to be the propitiation for my sins.  He has covered them.  But it is my responsibility to attempt to follow in his footsteps and be sinless, then I am following his commands.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your son to die for my sins.  Forgive me for the sins in my life.  Help me to strive to walk according to the way that Jesus walked.  I want to follow his commands, give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment