Wednesday, January 9, 2013

12/24/12 - Hebrews 1 - 6

S - Hebrews 2:14 - Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,  15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.  16 For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham.  17 Therefore he had to be made like he brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.  18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I can help you defeat temptation.  I have been through it my self.  I defeated the devil numerous times, the last time when I rose from the dead when he thought he had killed me.  I know his weakness.  I know your strengths and can help you emphasize them in winning when you are tempted.  You also have my strength on your side.  I am just waiting for you to call on me for help.  I love you and want to do all I can for you.  Just call on me when you are tempted and I will be there to help you.  And when you are in my word, he is not happy.  He will leave you if you are reading my word and quoting my words to him.

A - When being tempted, I must grab a Bible and begin to read the word of God. If I still feel the temptation nagging at me, I will read the words of Jesus out loud so the devil and his minions can hear it.  At that point I will have won.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have given in to temptation.  Forgive me for my sins.  Help me to be able to defeat the temptation when it comes up.  Give me the strength to read your words out loud to the tempter when he comes on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment