Saturday, January 5, 2013

12/19/12 - Ephesians

S - Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.  11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.  12 for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.  16 In all circumstance take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;  17 and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,  18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.  To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . put on the armor every day!  You are very susceptible to the flaming darts and temptation that is being thrown your way at all times.  You don't even recognize it most of the time but when those darts hit their spot, you are being taken captive by him and you need to pray against that at all times.  So you need the shield and you need to be praying constantly for protection from those darts.  You have the desire but you are lazy in the morning and you need to take the time to dress properly; put on the shield before you leave your house.  You have the desire to work for me but I need disciples who wear their armor on a daily basis.  Will you do that?

A - I am very susceptible to the fiery darts of the evil one when I do not put on my armor every day and when I forget, or don't take the time to pray every morning.  I must remember to dress myself in the armor every day before I leave the house and remember to pray for guidance and protection every day.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not wearing my armor on a daily basis.  Forgive me for giving in to the temptations that have come my way.  Forgive me for my sins.  Thank you for your son who died on the cross for my sins.  Thank you for freeing me from those sins and the ways of the flesh.  Help me to remember to dress in my spiritual armor every morning as I go to work.  Help me remember to pray for guidance and protection every morning before I get to work and to pray for my students as I sit at my desk and look out over their empty desks in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment