Tuesday, January 15, 2013

12/28/12 - 2 Peter; Jude

S - 2 Peter 1:3 - His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,  4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.  5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, your virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,  7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.  8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of your Lord Jesus Christ.  9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.  10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.  11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . have these qualities about you at all times.  Not only when people are watching you, but when you are alone in your house, in your classroom, outside walking down the street.  Remember, when no one is there to see you, I am.  And I want to see you portraying these qualities in your life at all times.  If I am to use you, you need to be full of all of these.

A - I must continue to strive for excellence of character, remembering that the Lord is watching me at all times.  I must behave when I am by myself, as I would if there were many people watching over me, because the Lord is there with me at all times. 

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I portray a character that is less than becoming to you.  Help me to be worthy of the name that you have place on me, son.  Help me to live my life to serve you, whether I ma in from of my class, with my family, or just at home by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment