Tuesday, January 8, 2013

12/23/12 - 1 Peter


S - 1 Peter 2:1 - So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.  2 Like new born infants, long for the pure spiritual mild, that by it you may grow up into salvation -- 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.  4 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of god chosen and precious,  5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

13 Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme,  14 or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.  15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.  16 Live is people who are free, not using our freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. 17 Honor everyone.  Love the brotherhood.  Fear God.  Honor the emperor.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . put away all sin!  Malice, deceit, and envy and slander are not for you.  You should be acting like you are one of the children of the King, since you are.  Do not envy, do not ridicule, do not slander, do not judge.  These are sins against me and I can not be in the presence of sin so I cannot be in your presence when you are participation in these types of things.  Honor all forms of government that are over you, from the president to your boss.  It is my will that those people are over you.  You might not ever know why they were put there but, trust me, there is a reason for everything.  It might not have anything to do with you at all, or with them.  It might be that you are there to serve someone else.  If you are living for me then my purpose will be served by your following my commands where you are.

A - I must be satisfied in the position that I am in.  I know that God has placed me in this position for a reason.  If I am living in his will, then his purpose will be served.  

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for putting me in the position that I am in.  Help me to live my life as a child of yours.  Help me to listen to your calling and do the things that you want me to do.  Help me to serve out your purpose where I am.  Whatever it is that I am here for, may your will be done.  Help me to speak the things that you want me to speak, to do the things that you want me to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment