Tuesday, January 8, 2013

12/22/21 - Titus

S - Titus 2:1 - But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.  2 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.  
6 Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled.  7 Show integrity, dignity,  8 and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.
3:8 The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works.  These things are excellent and profitable for people.  9 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.  When you teach my word, do your research well and ask for guidance.  I can help you make sure that it lines up with what I have said in my word.  Devote yourself to good works otherwise, and make sure that you avoid the things that are "worthless and unprofitable."

A - I must do excessive research when I am teaching out of the Bible.  I must make sure that the things that I am teaching line up with scripture.  I must teach sound doctrine.  And I must ask others to help guide me as well as spending time in prayer before digging into the study that I am doing.

P - Heavenly Father, guide me as I prepare Sunday School lessons out of your word.  Help me do accurate research and study before writing the lesson.  Help me to be wise about the questions that I write and give me good ideas as I look through the commentaries that I have and as I read through the Bible.  May the words that I speak on the day that the lesson is presented be from you and not from me.  Give me a humility to understand that I can do nothing without your guidance and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment