Sunday, September 2, 2012

08/31/12 - Ezekiel 5 - 8

S - Ezekiel 6: 1 The word of the Lord cam to me:  2 "Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them,  3 and say, You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God! Thus says the Lord God to the mountains an the hills, to the ravines and the valleys: Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.  4 Your altars shall become desolate, and your incense altars shall be broken, and I will cast down your slain before your idols,  5 And I will lay the dead bodies of he people of Israel before their idols, and I will scatter you bones around your altars.  6 Wherever you dwell, the cities shall be waste and ruined, your idols broken and destroyed, your incense altars cut down, and your works wiped out.  7 And the slain shall fall in your midst, and you shall know that I am the Lord.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . what are the idols that you are worshipping?  What is it that is taking the place of worshipping me?  What is it that you are spending time on when you should be coming and spending time with me?  What things do you have that take your attention off of me?  Are there things in your life that you should put a little less emphasis on so that we can have  a meaningful conversation on a daily basis?  I love you and want to spend time with you, if only you could make time every day to just sit with me and not have your focus be on all of the other things that are going on in your life.  Don't worry about those things!  Don't you trust me enough to take care of all of your needs?

A - The Lord, the God of creation, the Almighty King, wants to spend time with me!  And I am too busy most of the time.  Is there anything in my life that is more important than sitting down for 30 or 45 minutes with the God of the Universe?  I need to un-clutter my life so that I have time to spend with Him.  I should want to spend as much time as I can with Him.  I should want to drop everything to sit at His feet and listen to what He has to say to me each and every day.  I will make that a priority right now!  I will take time in the morning to watch the sunrise, or the sunset in the evening, and glorify my God for what He has created.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for wanting to spend time with me.  I am honored to know that you do want to talk to me, and to listen to me.  I am so humbled that you would want me sitting at your feet, just listening.  I resolve to do more listening to you, beginning today.  Give me the strength to follow through on that.  Put in my heart the desire to spend more time with you.  Forgive me for pushing you off to the side most days because I am too busy for you.  Thank you for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment