Thursday, September 20, 2012

09/17/12 - Daniel 4 - 6

S - Daniel 4:1 - King Nebuchadnezzar to all peoples, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth: Peace be multiplied to you!  2 It has seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has done for me.  3 How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders!  His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion endures from generation to generation.
28 All this came upon King Nebuchadnezzar.  29 at the end of twelve months he was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon,  30 and the king answered and said, "Is not this great Babylon, which I have built by my mighty power as a royal residence and for the glory of my majesty?"  31 While the words were still in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, "O King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: The kingdom has departed from you, 32 and you shall be driven from among men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field.  And you shall be made to eat grass like an ox, and seven periods of time shall pass over you, until you  know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will."  33 Immediately the word was fulfilled against Nebuchadnezzar.  He was driven from among men and ate grass like an ox, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven till his hair grew as long as eagles' feathers, and his nail were like birds' claws.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . even the great men who recognize me greatness can fall.  Beware, you might recognize, now, that all that you have is from me because it is something new for you or you have just seen these things come to to you.  When you get used to having good things, when you get used to having plenty and think that these things have come to you because of your hard work and your sacrifice, that is when I will demand it back from you.  Remember, it is because of me that you are able to work at all.  It is because of me that you have a job.  It is because of me that you live.  I planned you, from before you were born.  Give thanks to me for ALL that you have.  Recognize from where your skills come, to do the work that you do.

A - I must recognize that everything that I have is mine because the Lord has willed it.  I have a wonderful job, because the Lord has granted it.  I am fairly good at my job, because the Lord has given me the skills to do it.  I have a beautiful home, food to put on the table, cars to drive to work, and a wonderful family, all because the Lord has provided it for me.  I must never forget!

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for ever thinking that the things that I have are mine because of anything that I have done.  Forgive me for taking any credit what so ever for any of my skills and gifts. Thank you for providing, for me, a job which I enjoy doing.  Thank you for providing a beautiful home for me to live in.  Thank you for providing food to put on table for my family.  Thank you for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment