Monday, September 3, 2012

09/01/12 - Ezekiel 9 - 12

S - Ezekiel 11: 14  And the word of the Lord came to me:  15 "Son of man, your brothers, even your brothers, your kinsmen, the whole house of Israel, all of them, are those of whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, 'Go far from the Lord; to us this land is given for a possession.'  16 Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord God: Though I removed them far off among the nations, and though I scattered them among the countries, yet I have been a sanctuary to them for a while in the countries where they have gone.'  17 Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord God: I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.'  18 And when they come there, they will remove from it all its detestable things and all it abominations.  19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them.  I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,  20 that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them.  And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.  21 But as for those whose heart goes after their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their deeds upon their heads, declares the Lord God."


O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have put you in a place where you can be my spokesperson.  I am going to work through you.  I will change hearts through you.  But you must rid yourself of any and all abominations.  For if your heart is going after other things and your mind is focusing on other things besides me and what you are going to do for me in your land, then I can not work through you.  I must have your entire devotion and your total focus.  So, cleanse your heart and mind and focus on me alone. Put all of your strength into your service to me and everything else will fall into place.  I will speak through you.  I will give you the boldness to speak for me.

A - I must rid my mind of those things that detract for my service to my God.  I must cleanse my heart and my mind and ask for forgiveness for those things that take my focus off of Him.  I will meet regularly with my God and ask for forgiveness daily because I know that those things always creep into my mind and take my attention off of Christ and cause me to worry or doubt, two attitudes which I can not have if I am going to serve my Lord wholeheartedly.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my thoughts and actions that are not pleasing to you.  Forgive me for my doubts and my worries.  Help me to stay totally focused on you at all times.  Give me the strength to speak for you in my workplace and in my home.  Put words in my mouth when it is time for me to speak.  








No comments:

Post a Comment