Wednesday, September 12, 2012

09/07/12 - Ezekiel 25 - 27


S - Ezekiel 27:1  The word of the Lord came to me:  2 "Now you, son of man, raise a lamentation over Tyre,  3 and say to Tyre, who dwells at the entrances to the sea, merchant of the peoples to many coastlands, thus says the Lord God:  "O Tyre, you have said, 'I am perfect in beauty.'  4 Your borders are in the heart of the seas; your builders made perfect your beauty.  5 They made all your planks of fir trees from Senir; they took a cedar from Lebanon to make a mast for you.  6 Of oaks of Bashan they made your oars; they made your deck of pines from the coasts of Cyprus, inlaid with ivory.  Of fine embroidered linen from Egypt was your sail, serving as your banner; blue and purple from the coasts of Elisha was your awning.  8 The inhabitants of Sidon and Arvad were your rowers; your skilled men, O Tyre, were in you; they were your pilots.  9 The elders of Gebal and her skilled men were in you, caulking your seams; all the ships of the sea with their mariners were in you to barter for your wares.
34 Now you are wrecked by the seas, in the depths or the waters; your merchandise and all your crew in your midst have sunk with you.  35 All the inhabitants of the coastlands are appalled at you, and the hair of their kings bristles with horror/ their faces are convulsed.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do not be haughty or proud.  I will make great whom I will make great.  Just know that it is I who make them great.  If you are good, it is because I have made you that way.  If you are the best at what you do, it is because I want you to be that way for my own purposes.  Do not be proud of what you have done when it is I who am doing it through you.

A - I will try to be the best I can be at what I do.  Then when I am recognized for anything that I have done I will be sure to give the glory to God for what he can do through me.  I must make sure that I am turning all praise over to the Lord God and not inward to myself.  It is because of him that I even have a job and am able to do the things that I can do.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my pride.  Forgive me for taking credit for things that you accomplish through me.  Help me to be humble before you.  Help me to turn any praise over to you.  Give me the grace to accept affirmation and the humility to return it to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment