Sunday, September 16, 2012

09/12/12 - Ezekiel 40 - 42

S - Ezekiel 40:1 - In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after  the city was struck down, on that very day, the hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me to the city.  2 In visions of God he brought me to the land of Israel, and set me down on a very high mountain, on which was a structure like a city to the south.  3 When he brought me there, behold, there was a man whose appearance was like bronze, with a linen cord and a measuring reed in his hand.  And he was standing in the gateway.  4 And the man said to me, "Son of man, look with your eyes, and hear with your ears, and set our heart upon all that I shall show you, for you were brought here in order that I might show it to you.  Declare all that you see to the house of Israel."
42:13 Then he said to me, "The north chambers and the south chambers opposite the yard are the holy chambers, where the priests who approach the Lord shall eat the most holy offerings.  There they shall put the most holy offerings - the grain offering, the sin offering, and the guilt offering - for the place is holy.  14 When the priests enter the Holy Place, they shall not go out of it into the outer court without laying there the garments in which they minister, for these are holy.  They shall put on other garments before they go near to that which is for the people."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . because of what my son has done for you, you do not have to worry about the Holy Place any more.  I have made a way for you to approach me without going through a priest who would have to go into an inner court to speak to me and hear from me and offer sacrifices to me.  You can just come to me on your own at any time and you can just ask for forgiveness at any time you need to.  My son did away with that whole procedure by his death on the cross.  You are free to come talk to me and hear what I have to say to you at any time.  so, the question is then, what is keeping you away?

A - Jesus Christ's death on the cross made it possible for us to have free access to our Lord God at any time and any place that we desire.  There is absolutely no reason why we can't stop and talk to him several times a day where ever we are at the time.  And he wants us to go talk to him.  He wants to talk to us.  He wants us to have a personal relationship with him.  He wants to be our best friend!

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for the sacrifice of your son on the cross so that I might approach you at any time.  Continually remind me that I can come see you, speak to you, and hear from you throughout the day in the midst of my busy schedule.  Help me to remember that you want to hear from me and help me through my tough times.  If only I would come to you and ask for help.  Forgive me for for getting this.  I love you and want to sit at your feet and listen to your words.  Help me never lose that desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment