Friday, September 21, 2012

09/18/12 - Daniel 7 - 9

S - Daniel 9:4 - I prayed to the Lord my God and made confession, saying, "O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments,  5 we have sinned and done wrong and acted wickedly and rebelled, turning aside from your commandments and rules.  6 We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.  7 To you , O Lord, belongs righteousness, but to us open shame, as at this day, to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to all Israel, those who are near and those who are far away, in all the lands to which you have driven them, because of the treachery that they have committed against you.  8 To us, O Lord, belongs open shame, to our kings, to our princes, and to tour fathers, because we have sinned against you.  9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him  10 and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God by walking in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.  11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned aside, refusing to obey your voice.  And the curse and oath that are written in the law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out upon us, because we have sinned against him.  12 he has confirmed his words, which he spoke against us and against our rulers who ruled us, by bringing upon us a great calamity.  For under the whole heaven there has not been done anything like what has been done against Jerusalem.
19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive.  O Lord, pay attention and act.  Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . Daniel was a great man who had not sinned against me, but had resolved in his heart not to sin and was rewarded for it.  Yet he recognized that the country had sinned and he prayed for his country, the kings, the princes, and the people.  Your country has sinned greatly.  Your presidents, your senators, your congressmen, and your people.  It is up to you and people like you, modern day Daniels, to pray for the forgiveness of your country.  If many of you will pray and petition me, then I may relent and heal your land and restore it to what it once was.  Your land was built on the belief in me and I was there when the country was birthed.  It made me happy to see that your fathers were calling on me to help them in their endeavors.  Now, however, the men in control just claim to know me, just claim to rely on me.  There is no belief in me in your capitals.  Pray for your country.  Pray for your leaders.  Pray for the upcoming election, that my name will be glorified through it.

A - We, the faithful of God, must rise up and pray for our country.  We must call on God to cleanse us and cleanse our country.  We must call on him to restore us to our rightful place of honor among the countries of the world.  We must get down on our knees and pray to our God that he will find at least a few faithful men and will not destroy our country.

P - Heavenly Father, I do not speak with the eloquence of Daniel, but I call on you know to forgive our land and to cleanse us.  I call on you to have mercy on us as a country, for we have turned our backs on you and have gotten away from your commandments.  I call on you to put your controlling hand on this next election.  I pray that through it somehow, your name might be glorified.  Come Lord Jesus, come!

No comments:

Post a Comment