Sunday, September 16, 2012

09/11/12 - Ezekiel 37 - 39

S - Ezekiel 37:1 - The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones.  2 And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry.  3 And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"  And I answered, "O Lord God, you know."  4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.  5 Thus says the Lord God to these dry bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.  6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the Lord."  7 So I prophesied as I was commanded.  And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.  8 And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them.  But there was no breath in them.  9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."  10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, and exceedingly great army.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . look around you.  All around you are people who are dead.  They are dead in me and will continue to be dead, unless someone "prophesies" to them.  I have put you where you are for just that purpose.  Look around you and speak to the "dead" people and tell them to come alive in me.  Tell them that you have discovered the truth to life.  Tell them that I can bring a whole new joy to their lives and can give them a reason to live again.  You are my prophet right where you are living, right where you are working, right were you are every day.  I want you to spread the good news that people can live again if only they will put their trust in me.

A - This is, once again, a great commission.  I am to go to the people where I work, where I live, where ever I am and spread the good news that Jesus Christ can bring new life to their "deadness."  I must live my life in such a way as to make my testimony believable.  I must tell those around me that they need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to bring their joy back to its fullest.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for trusting me enough to give me a charge like this.  Thank you for believing in me enough to allow me to spread your good news to the people around me.  Forgive me for letting you down in the past, and for when I will let you down in the future, for I am only human and as such, I will fail again.  Forgive me for my shortcomings.  Give me the strength to go forth and spread your joy and happiness to those around me so that they can live again also.





No comments:

Post a Comment