Friday, September 7, 2012

09/04/12 - Ezekiel 18 - 20

S - Ezekiel 20: 33 "As I live, declares the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out I will be king over you.  34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out.  35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of he peoples, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face,  36 As I entered into judgment with our fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you, declares the Lord God.  37 I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant.  38 I will purge out the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against me.  I will bring them out of the land where they sojourn, but they shall not enter the land of Israel.  Then you will know that I am the Lord.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I will be your king.  You are my subject.  But I want to treat you better than any king ever treated his people.  I want to lavish you with gifts and with blessing of all kind.  I want you to be happy.  I want you to feel like you can come talk to me at any time.  I want to take care of you.  I want you to desire to walk along flowing streams with me.  I want what is best for you.  I want you to want to tell others about me.  I want to be your best friend.  If  you will but follow my commands and statures, we can have all of this.  Won't you spread the word that I am a gracious God and a just God?  Won't you share with others the joy that you have in your heart when we walk together in harmony?  Won't you invite others into my family?

A - It is my desire to tell others that my God is a wonderful friend and is a welcoming father.  I want to bring others along side of me while I am walking with him so they can see that life in this family is joyful.  Even when tough times come, we can have joy just knowing that God is by our side taking care of us and guiding us through the tough times, making sure that we don't get devoured by the enemy. 

P - Heavenly Father, Thank you for all of the blessing that you do pour out on me.  Thank you for being there for me, even when I am not there for you.  Thank you for giving me the joy down deep in my soul so that, even when I am struggling I can still feel your joy creeping through.  I pray that you continue to guide me as I strive to bring others along side of me.  Help me to not lose heart when I am scoffed at and ridiculed.  Give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment