Wednesday, September 5, 2012

09/03/12 - Ezekiel 16 - 17


S - Ezekiel 17: 22  Thus says the Lord God: "I myself will take a sprig from the lofty top of the cedar an will set it out.  I will break off for the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and I myself will plant it on a high mountain.  23 On the mountain height of Israel will I plant it, that it may bear branches and produce fruit and become a noble cedar.  And under it will dwell every kind of bird; in the shade of its branches birds of every sort will nest.  24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I am the Lord; I  bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish.  I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I will do what I can to show the people who I am.  I will cause the people who have strayed away from me to know that I am God and that I still love them and care about them.  I will cause those who claim to be my followers, but don't obey my commands to flee from me.  I do not want people who are not serious about following me as my disciples.  Be serious about it or don't even claim to be a follower.  Are you serious about following me?  Are you willing to do the things that I will ask of you in the future, even if you do not know what is in store for you?  I love you and will look after you but I need to know that I have your whole heart.

A - I am not sure how this goes with the reading but it is what flowed as I was writing.  I just know that I must make a 100% commitment to follow Christ where ever he leads me.  I want to be totally sold out for him.  I want everyone around me to know that I am His and that my entire life is dedicated to serving him.  I will do whatever he calls me to do.

P - Heavenly Father, instill in me that desire to follow you that your disciples had.  They left their families, their jobs, everything that they knew, to follow you.  To where, they did not even know.  They just knew that you called them and they could not say no.  I want to have that sort of devotion to you.  I want to be so dedicated to you that nothing can come between my serving you!

No comments:

Post a Comment