Wednesday, September 19, 2012

09/16/12 - Daniel 1 - 3


S - Daniel 3:16 - Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need o answer you in this matter.  17 If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king.  18 But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."

24 The King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste.  He declared to his counselors, "Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?"  They answered and said to the king, "True, O king." 25 He answered and said, "But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . worship me.  Trust in me.  I can and will take care of you.  I know that sometimes you feel like you are in a fiery furnace.  These men really were in one and I took care of them.  Do you think that I can't take care of you with all that is going on in your work place?  Do you trust me?  Do you have faith?  Test me and see that I will do what I say I will do.

A - So, while it seems like the place is burning down around me, I am just to put my trust in the Lord my God and believe that he can and will take care of me?  That is exactly what he is saying!  So, I will do my job to the best of my ability and trust that God has everything under control.  In fact, I believe that that fourth man that Nebuchadnezzar saw in the fiery furnace is walking beside me all the time while I am at work and he is whispering in my ear, "Don't worry!  Do the best job you can!  Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, because, in reality, you are."  

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for protecting those three men in the fiery furnace way back then.  And thank you for protecting me from the fiery furnace that I am in at work every day.  Thank you for the promises in your book that you will take care of your children.  Help me to remember day to day that you are watching out form me all the time.  Help me to be bold and trust in you for protection and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment