Friday, September 14, 2012

09/09/12 - Ezekiel 31 - 33

S - Ezekiel 33: 7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel.  Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me.  8 If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.  9 But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . you are a watchman among our peers.  You are to tell them of me.  I am asking you to warn the people that death and destruction is on the way.  It will be here before you know it.  But those of you who belong to me will escape the sword.  Do you not want your colleagues to be with you in eternity?  Do you not want your students to live forever in the knowledge that something you said or did caused them to turn to me and be saved?  Do you not want to be my disciple?  Is that not what you have been asking for?  Are you not a child of the King who wants others also to be children of the King?

A - So, the Lord is going to return and take those of us who are his children back to heaven with him.  It is my job, and the job of those who are also God's children to live in such a way that others know that we are His.  And it is my job to tell others of the joy of salvation in Christ Jesus.  If not me, then who will tell my students?  If not me, then who will tell my colleagues?  I can't count on anyone else to do it any more than anyone else should have to count on me to do their job.  It has to be me.  If not me, then who. . .?

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not spreading your word where I should have been, where I work and spend most of my time.  Forgive me for not having the courage to just speak your name.  Give me the boldness, the courage, the daring to speak your name daily in my classroom.  Give me the initiative to challenge those around me to do the same.  Help us to make a change on our campus for you.  I pray that you will have the upper hand on the Sanger High School campus and that you would take charge there.

No comments:

Post a Comment