Sunday, December 2, 2012

11/20/12 - Acts 4 - 6

S - Acts 5:38 "So in the present case I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail;  39 but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them.  You might even be found opposing God!"  So they took his advice,  40 and when they had called in the apostles, they beat them and charged then not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.  41 Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.  42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . these men were true disciples of mine.  They were beaten for speaking of me in the public square.  Are you willing to take physical abuse for my name.  Or are you afraid that someone will ridicule you if you speak of me.  How do you feel about telling people that you are one of my children and you will be praying to me when ever you can.

A - I must not be ashamed to speak of my relationship with Jesus Christ in public.  These men were not only beaten for spreading the name of Jesus, but they rejoiced in the fact that they were counted worthy of suffering for the name of Jesus.  I must have the same spirit about me when I am out in the streets and people hear me speaking of Jesus.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I am ashamed to speak your name, or of bowing my head in prayer.  Give me the courage of the disciple in the Bible so that I might celebrate when I am found worthy of suffering for the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment