Wednesday, December 5, 2012

11/23/12 - Acts 11 - 12


S - Acts 12:20 - Now Herod was angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon, and they came to him with one accord, and having persuaded Blastus, the king's chamberlain, they asked for peace, because their country depended on the kings's country for food.  21 On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, and took his seat upon the throne, and delivered an oration to them.  22 And the people were shouting, "The voice of a god, and not of a man!"  23 Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last.

24 But the word of God increased and multiplied.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . my word will increase and multiply, in spite of the people around you.  When glory comes your way, and it will, give the glory where it belongs.  Do not accept the accolades of man as for yourself.  Remember, everything you do, everything you are, and everything that you will become is because of who I am and what I want to do for you.  I will make you what you will become and if you do not give glory to me then I may strike you down as I did Herod.  

A - I must remember that everything that I am is because of the grace of God.  When accolades come my way, I must remember to pass them on to God, to whom they belong.  I can do nothing without his help.  

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for what you have made me.  Thank you for the blessing that you provide on a daily basis.  Help me to remember that all that I am and all that I have is because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment