Saturday, December 29, 2012

12/13/12 - Romans 11 - 13


S - Romans 12:14 - Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.  15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  16 Live in harmony with one another.  Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.  never be wise in your own sight.  17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.  18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.  19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."  20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."  21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . live at peace with everyone!  Do not look for ways to pay back for evil done to you.  That will be taken care of.  Just look for strength to withstand the evil, and pray for the evil doer.  If someone is persecuting you, pray for them and pray blessings on them, not curses.  If someone is doing something to you to irritate or bother you, look the other way and pray for blessing to fall upon them.  I will take care of the people who are persecuting my children.

A - This sort of goes along with, "Be angry but do not sin."  If someone is bothering me or irritating me, it is easy to get mad and do something that I will regret later.  The Lord says to pray for these people and to bless them.  I guess I will have to learn to pray for those people who make me angry.  This includes my students, colleagues, and administrators.

P - Heavenly Father, help me not to get angry when people are bothering me and irritating me.  Help me to learn to pray for those students who really get on my nerves.  And help me to learn to pray for those colleagues and administrators who I do not agree with or who ask me to do things that I do not think are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment