Saturday, December 1, 2012

11/19/12 - Acts 1 - 3

S - Acts 2:14 - But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.  15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day.
37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"  38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."  40 And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying "Save yourselves from this crooked generation."  41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . Peter denied me three times when I was at my lowest point ever.  Peter, who had walked with me for three years, said he did not even know me.  I forgave him and encouraged him.  Then he comes back and preaches a sermon that causes three thousand people to give their lives to me.  Peter was not anything special, but he allowed me to rule in his life.  He accepted my forgiveness and went on with his life.  He allowed me to work in him and spoke the words that I gave him.  Can you do the same thing?  Of course, if you will but trust me!

A - I want to make a difference with me life, like Peter did.  I want to trust God to control me and speak through me and change lives because of me.  I want God to be glorified through me.  I must continue to meet with him on a regular basis and listen to his words, obey his commandments and speak the words that he gives me.

P - Heavenly Father, work in my life the way you worked in Peter's life.  Change me like you changed Peter.  Allow your Holy Spirit to come into my life and work miracles in my life like you did in Peter's life.  Let your name be glorified in all that I do.  Help me to speak with words that you give me so people will know that I am your child and that I speak for you.  I want to be your disciple, totally devoted to serving you with my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment