Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/15/12 - Acts 20 - 23

S - Acts 21:12 - When we heard this, we and the people there urged him not to go up to Jerusalem.  13 Then Paul answered, "What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."  14 And since he would not be persuaded, we ceased and said, "Let the will of the Lord be done."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . Paul was ready to be imprisoned and even to die so that my word would get to the people who needed to hear it.  What are you willing to do for me?

A - I must be willing to suffer for my Lord.  In this country, I will probably not be killed but if I were to travel to another country, would I be so brave?  There are many people who are suffering and being killed for Christ.  I must continue to pray for those people.  And I must speak out myself, in my school and anywhere else that I may be.

P - Heavenly Father, give me the courage of Paul.  Help me to remember those of your church who are actually suffering and dying around the world for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment