Sunday, December 23, 2012

12/09/12 - 2 Corinthians 10 - 13

S - 2 Corinthians 12:5 - On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses - 6 though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me.  7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.  8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in  weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, than I am strong.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . be satisfied with yourself, no matter what you feel like you have wrong with you.  Be satisfied with others, no matter what you may think of them.  I made you and I made everyone else.  If I made you all, then you, and they, must be perfect.  So be happy in who you are.  Celebrate me with your whole being and rejoice in the fact that I love you.

A - So, I must be happy with the way God made me.  He made me perfect.  He made everyone around me perfect.  I must be happy with myself and with those around me.  He made my wife perfect. He made my children perfect.  And he made my students and colleagues perfect.  I must learn to accept them for who they are.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not being satisfied with who I am.  Help me to learn to be happy with who I am.  Help me to realize that your grace is sufficient for me.  Help me to learn to be happy in my weakness and realize that in that weakness you can be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment