Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12/05/12 - 1 Corinthians 12 - 14


S - 1 Corinthians 13:4 - Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  5 or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;  6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  8 Love never ends.  As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.  9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,  10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.  11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.  When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.  12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you. . . love!  Love my other children.  Love those around you.  Love your students.  Love your colleagues.  Whatever you do, do it with my love in your heart.  Love with my love.  Love like I taught you in my word.  Love the way Jesus loved when he was on earth.  If you love people, then you will not have quarrels because you will always want them to be happy so you will give in to their desires and not push your own agenda on them.  But you will be happy because of love.

A - I must learn to love people the way Jesus did when he was here on earth.  I must learn to give in the desires of others more and not push my own desires on them.  I must learn to be happy because other people are happy and not just because I get my own way.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my selfishness.  Forgive me for not loving your children.  Help me to learn to love people the way that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment