Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/14/12 - Romans 14 - 16

S - Romans 16:17 - I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.  18 For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.  19 For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil.  20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . be wise as to what is good and be innocent as to what is evil.  Even though you are a sinner by birth, you can be free of that sin and be a new person without sin in your life.  If you ask me, I will clear your mind of the past sin and clear you conscience so you can move on.  Remember, I said that if you will confess your sins I will remove them from you as far as the east is from the west and I will remember them no more.  So when the evil one brings up your old sin, you can just say, "What sin?  I have been forgiven of all of my old sins and they do not exist any longer!"  

A - So I can be totally free of my old sins.  I can claim a clean heart and a clear conscience.  When Satan wants to bring those things to my mind, I just tell him to get lost, go to my Bible and call on God to help me defeat the temptation to sin some more.  I must consider myself to be innocent of the things that are evil.  If I am wise to the things that are good, that will take place.  And go to God for help at any time.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me of my sins.  Cleanse my heart and cleanse my conscience.  Help me to understand that you have totally removed those sins from me and I do not have to dwell on them any longer.  Thank you for forgiving my sins.  Continue to strengthen me to defeat temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment