Thursday, December 13, 2012

11/29/12 - Acts 17

S - Acts 17:16 - Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him as he saw that the city was full of idols.  17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons, and in the marketplace every day with those who happened to be there.  18 Some of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers also conversed with him.  And some said, "What does this babbler wish to say?"  Others said, "he seems to be a preacher of foreign divinities" - because he was preaching Jesus and the resurrection.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . there are still many idols, even in your land.  As I look around you I see people who worship everything from their job, to money, to their vacation time, to their house, to their toys, and many other things that have become more important than me.  Do your best to tell people that those things that they worship will have no lasting value to them when they die or even if they lose them, like their job or their money.  Show them the way to true happiness and everlasting life by worshiping me publicly and exhibiting a life void of idols that have no life in them.

A - I must make sure that I do not make anything an idol in my life.  I must see that nothing becomes more important than Jesus my Lord to me.  Nothing must come in the way of spending time with God in the morning and trusting Him throughout the day.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for putting other things before you.  Help me to not let any of those things become idols to me.  Help me keep my focus on you at all times.  Thank you for watching over me and taking care of me.  Guide my life and direct my path as I attempt to live my life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment