Thursday, December 20, 2012

12/06/12 - 1 Corinthians 15 - 16

S - 1 Corinthians 15:58 - Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
16:13 - Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.  14 Let all that you do be done in love.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you. . . work as though you are working for me, even if you are just working around your house.  Anything that you do should be done as if it was being done for me.  Since you are living in my home, I would generally expect you to keep it in good shape and take care of it.  Since you are driving my cars, I would hope that you would take care of them as though they did not really belong to you.  When you take pride in your work and do it the best that you can, it makes me happy.  When you work around the house and "enjoy" the work that you are doing, you bring glory to my name.  And when it is done in love, you bring even more glory to my name and you make those around you happy as well.

A - Wow, I never really thought about the work around the house as being done for the Lord.  I guess I should start taking better care of "his" house and "his" cars.  I will look at household chores as being done for my Lord and do them in love and not grumble about doing them while I take care of the things that have only been "loaned" to me for my use.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my poor attitude about house work.  Help me to remember that everything that I do around the house and to my cars I am doing for you.  Help me to have a good attitude about housework and car care and to bring glory to your name in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment