Friday, December 7, 2012

11/25/12 - James 1 - 5

S - James 1:12 - Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.  13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.  14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.  15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . when you are tempted, you are being invited by the devil to join him in his ugly lies and sinful acts.  Do not give in to this.  Do not sink to the level of Satan and go the way of the sinners.  Take heart, I can save you from this.  I can help you defeat him and his lies.  All you need to do is call on my name when you feel the pull of the world on you.  Come visit me for a little while and you will feel so much better about yourself.

A - When I am tempted, it is Satan calling out to me and telling me lies about how great something in the world is and how much better I will feel if I partake of that particular sin.  If I go to my Lord and Savior when I hear those callings, I can avoid falling into sin and death.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for yielding to the temptations of the evil one.  For give my sins and put me back on the road to eternal life and take me from the road that leads to death.  Help me remember to call on your name when I feel myself being tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment