Friday, December 14, 2012

12/02/12 - 1 Corinthians 1 - 4

S - 1 Corinthians 1:20 - Where is the one who is wise?  Where is the scribe?  Where is the debater of this age?  Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?  21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.  22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom,  23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles,  24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.  26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many of you were powerful, not many were of noble birth.  27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;  28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so hat no human being might boast in the presence of God.  30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,  31 so that as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . boast in me.  I did not choose you because you are wise.  I did not choose you because you are rich.  I did not choose yo because of your station in life. I did not choose you because of anything that you are.  I choose you because of who you will become in me.  Continue to dwell in me and allow me to dwell in you and you will go places.  It probably won't be places that you would think of going on your own, but trust me, it will be exciting.  Just hang on and let me lead.

A - If I put my trust in Jesus and continue to dwell in him and allow him to guide me, who knows where I will end up.  I want to b used by him so I will continue to meet with him on a regular basis and listen to him for instruction and just follow him where ever he leads me.

P - Heavenly Father, for give me for when I do not trust you.  Forgive me for the times when I put my trust in my own strength, or my own riches, or intelligence.  Help me to trust in you completely.  Lead me where you want me to go.  I want to follow you where ever you lead.  I love you and want to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment