Friday, November 30, 2012

11/18/12 - Luke 24; John 20 - 21

S - John 21:15 - When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?"  He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you."  He said to him, "Feed my lambs."  16 He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"  He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep."  17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said o him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Feed my sheep.  18 Truly, truly I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go."  19 (This he said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.)  And after saying this he said to him, "Follow me."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do you love me more than these?  (But what are these Lord?)  These are all of the other things that occupy your time and take time away from our personal time.  Do you love me more than all of the other things that fill your day?  Do you love me more than your job?  Do you love me more than your family?  Do you love me more than television?  Do you love me more than your computer and telephone games that you play?  Do you truly love me?  Follow Me?

A - I truly do love my Lord more than all of the other things that take up my day and take time away from my quiet time with him.  Why do I let all of those things fill up my day then?  I need to put those things away and spend some quality time with God each and every day.  I need to spend enough time I that I have time to sit and listen to what he has to say to me.  I need to spend enough time so that I can tell him my troubles and my worries and let him take them off of my back.  I need to spend enough time so that I can rest in him and let him refresh me the way that he wants to.  I need to Follow Him.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not giving you my time.  Forgive me for all of the things that clutter up my day and take time away from my time with you.  Help me to remember to sit with you each day and listen to you.  Help me to have the courage to come to you with all of my worries and my cares and let you take them away from me.  Refresh me and give me a deep joy that only you can give.  Give me a sense of peace that can only come from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment