Sunday, August 5, 2012

08/04/12 - Isaiah 64 - 66

S - Isaiah 65: 1 - I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me.  To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, "Here am I, here am I."  2 All day Long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations -  3 a people who continually provoke me to my very face . . .

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I want to reveal myself on your campus, to the people who have turned away from me and rejected me.  I want to make myself known, through you and others on your campus.  All you have to do is be me to your students.  Love them with my love.  See them as image-bearers of me.

A - As I go back to school, I will look at each student as a child of God.  I will continually ask God to help me love them with his love because, left on my own, I could never love every student.  I will do my best, with God's help, to treat each student with the same respect that Jesus treated everyone with when He was on earth.

P - Heavenly Father, as the school year approaches, would you grant me the ability to love my students and respect them as you would if you were here in my place.  Forgive me for the times when I have not loved, when I have had negative attitudes, or when I have just not treated my students with respect.  Help me to see everyone on my campus as bearing your image.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete