Thursday, August 30, 2012

08/28/12 - Lamentations 1 - 2

S - Scripture that spoke to me (Out of the reading for the day)
O - Observation (God speaking to me)
A - Application (How will my life be different because of this?)
P - Prayer (Me speaking to God)


S - Lamentations 1: 20  "Look, O Lord, for I am in distress; my stomach churns; my heart is wrung within me, because I have been very rebellious.  In the street the sword bereaves; in the house it is like death.  
21 "They heard my groaning, yet there is no one to comfort me.  All my enemies have heard of my trouble; they are glad that you have done it.  You have brought the day you announced; now let them be as I am.
22 "Let all their evildoing come before you, and deal with them as you have dealt with me because of my transgressions; for my groans are many and my heart is faint."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I will take care of you.  I know that you have sinned.  I know that your shame gets the best of you sometimes.  I know that you are concerned that I will not care for you because of these sins.  Do not worry about a thing.  As long as you have confessed and repented of your sins I will forgive you.  And don't worry about anyone else but you.  If others sin against you, that is for me to take care of.  If others are ridiculing you, laughing at you, that is for me to take care of.  You serve me and just take care of yourself.  I will handle everyone else.  As long as you are serving me and loving me and following my commands, then you aer right where you should be, in my good graces.

A - So, I just need to worry about me.  I want to serve God and I want to be his disciple.  I must do my best to follow his commands that he has given me in his word and not worry about anyone else.  When others laugh at me or ridicule me for following him, I must just let it go and God will take care of it.  And he will take care of me and that is all that is important.

P -  Heavenly Father, thank you for watching over me.  Thank you for protecting me.  Help me to have the courage to follow your commands and serve you, even when others are questioning me about it.  Help me to have the strength to be your disciple, no matter what the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment