Wednesday, August 15, 2012

08/14/12 - Jeremiah 14 - 17

S - Jeremiah 15: 19 Therefore this is what the LORD says:  "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman.  Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.  20 I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not over come you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD.  21 "I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."
17: 5  This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength ans whose heart turns away from the LORD.  6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes.  He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.  7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.  8 He will be like a tree planted by the water, that sends out its roots by the stream, it does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green, it has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . repent and trust in me.  That is what life is all about.  If you do, then I will be sure to take care of you.  And I want you to be my spokesman.  Let the people come to you.  Point them in my direction and let me take care of the rest.  Put your trust in me; be like the tree planted by the water, not the bush in the wasteland.  Send your roots out by the stream to get some of that living water that only I can provide for you.  Then you will have no worries when that time of drought comes.  Rest assured that then you will be sure to bear fruit.

A - Well, I certainly want to be like the tree planted by the water.  I want to put my trust fully in the Lord.  I want to be his spokesman.  I will repent of the times when I have not put my trust fully in him, but  relied on man (or myself) for my strength.  I will rely on him to water the seeds that I have planted and tend to his garden so that the seeds sprout and bear their own fruit someday.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have put my trust in other men and have not trusted solely in you for my strength.  forgive me for not speaking up for you when I knew that I should have.  Give me the strength the be your spokesman on my campus.  Give me the strength to rely on you all the time.  Help me be like that tree planted by the water, with my roots firmly seated in the ground seeking that living water that you provide.  Help me to soak in you so that during those drought times, I can rely on the water that I have already gotten from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment