Monday, August 6, 2012

08/06/12 - 2 Chronicles 32 - 33

S - 2 Chronicles 33: 10  The LORD spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention.  11 So the LORD brought against them the army commanders of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh prisoner, put a hook in his nose, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon.  12  In his distress he sought the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers.  13 And when he prayed to him, the LORD was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom.  Then Manasseh knew that the LORD is God.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . it is always better to listen to me the first time.  When I call you, I am serious.  When I ask you to do something for me, I mean it.  I really want you to serve me with all of your heart.  I will get your attention one way or the other.  On the other hand, if you cry out to me, I will hear you.  I long to answer your prayers, which is why I want you to listen to me in the first place.  I have jobs for you to do.  If you will simply humble yourself before me and listen to my calling, all will go well.  Listen to me, call  on me when you need help, and we will get along well together.  Remember, I love you and want only what is best for you.

A -  I will listen for the call of the Lord.  I will obey when he calls me.  At this point in time, I feel that I am right where he wants me to be, yet I am open to anything that he wants me to do.  I know that is very frightening, to be open to anything, but I really want to serve him with all my heart.

P -  Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have not followed you.  Forgive me for not listening to you, for thinking that my plan was the right thing to do.  Lead me where you want me to go.  I love you and want, with all my heart, to serve you, where ever you want me to be.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete