Wednesday, August 29, 2012

08/27/12 - Jeremiah 51 - 52

S - Jeremiah 51: 15 "It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.  16 When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth.  He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses.  17 Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.  18 They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.  19 Not like these is he who is the portion of Jacob, for he is the one who formed all things, and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance; the Lord of hosts is his name.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . you are now my inheritance.  I have made heavens and earth, for your pleasure.  I want you to enjoy the earth while you are here.  I want you to spend time taking care of my creation.  And while you do, I want you to worship me.  Celebrate my handiwork as you spend time walking through your garden.  Worship me while you look at the beautiful roses in your front yard.  I long for the times when we can walk and talk together.  Let's do it more often.

A - The Lord is all powerful.  He has made the heavens and the earth.  He can strike down cities and nations if he wants to.  But he wants to spend time with me!  I can only acknowledge the fact that he has created the beautiful roses that I am growing.  I can only marvel at the mountains in the distance with their snow capped peaks.  And the one who crated all of this wants to talk to me, and listen to me. Can I do anything but agree to spend time worshipping him.  I will spend more time with him every day.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for your creation.  And thank you for wanting to spend time with me.  I love you and want to talk to you and hear from you.  Speak to me daily while I am sitting at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment