Sunday, August 26, 2012

08/25/12 - Jeremiah 46 - 48


S - Jeremiah 46: 1  The word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet concerning the nations.
3 "Prepare buckler and shield, and advance for battle!  4 Harness the horses; mount, O horsemen!  Take your stations with your helmets, polish your spears, put on your armor!  5 Why have I seen it?  They are dismayed and have turned backward.  Their warriors are beaten down and have fled in haste; they look not back - terror on every side! declares the Lord.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . prepare for battle.  As you begin to spread my word, as you begin to make it known that you want to pray for your school, as you actually do pray for the school with other teachers, there will be opposition to what you are tying to do.  There are those that will come against you.  Be bold, hold your ground.  Do not go into battle without your armor on.  Remember, the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes, the readiness that comes from   the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, to extinguish the fiery arrows of the evil one, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, my word.  And by all means, don't forget to pray on all occasions.   Now, when you are ready for battle, just call on my name and I will be there for you.  

A - As I begin a new prayer group on the campus of Sanger High School, I will definitely be sure to put on my spiritual armor each day before going into the classroom.  I know that there are some who would rather not see this happen on our campus but I, for one, know that it is time to rally the troops and call on the name of the Lord our God.  We can take over this campus for him if we will just drop to our knees and let him do the fighting for us.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not doing this long time ago.  Forgive me for the spirit of timidity.  Give me strength as we go forward and do battle on our campus in your name.  I pray that you will send the teachers that you would have going into this battle with me.  I pray for boldness, courage and daring for all of us as we gather in your name to call on you to save our school.  Thank you for the awesome response that I have had to the call for prayer that I put out.  Thank you for the challenge that I received at the Daniel Leadership Institute this summer.  I pray for your mercies on those of us who will gather on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment