Thursday, August 9, 2012

08/09/12 - Zephaniah 1 - 3

S - Zephaniah 1: 14 - "The great day of the LORD is near- near and coming quickly.  Listen!  The cry on the day of the LORD will be bitter, the shouting of the warrior there.  15 That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness,  16 a day of trumpet and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the corner towers.  17 I will bring distress on the people and they will walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD.  Their blood will be poured out like dust and their entrails like filth.  18 Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to same them on the day of the LORD's wrath.  In the fire of his jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for he will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth.
3: 8  "Therefore wait for me," declares the LORD, "for the day I will stand up to testify.  I have decided to assemble the nations, to gather the kingdoms and to pour our my wrath on them- all my fierce anger.  9 Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.  10 From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.  11 On that day your will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride.  Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.  12 But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.  13 The remnant of Israel will do no wrong; they will speak on lies, now will deceit be found in their mouths.  They will eat and lie down an no one will make them afraid."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have chosen you to be amongst the meek and humble.  I know that you do not want your friends to suffer what I have foretold for those who are not following my ways, those who "rejoice in their pride" and celebrate their unholiness.  I have placed you 
where you are for a reason. You are to be my spokesman on the school campus.  Keep yourself humble!  Remember, anything that happens is of me.  Just remember to glorify my name to others so they can see where your faith lies.

A - Wow!  I certainly want to be amongst the believers on the day that God returns and decimates the earth.  I will give glory to God for all things that happen to me, good or bad.  The LORD has placed me in the place where I am for a purpose.  I must seek out that purpose and live for Him in all situations.  

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the sin of pride.  Forgive me for any time when I allow my pride to cause me to have sinful thoughts and attitudes.  Give me a meek and humble spirit.  Thank you for allowing me to be where I am, to teach what I teach and to have the students that you have placed in my classes.  Help me to see each one of them as someone who could potentially serve you in a mighty way someday.  If only I live my life in such a way as to be a witness for you in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete