Sunday, August 12, 2012

08/12/12 - Jeremiah 7 - 9

S - Jeremiah 9: 23-24 - Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,  24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth.  For in these things I delight, declares the Lord."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . boast often!  Boast loudly!  Boast anytime you are struggling with an issue at school or at home.  Boast when you feel like you have been cheated.  Boast when you feel like you cannot go on.  Boast when you are down.  Boast as much as you want because you have the one thing that is worth boasting about.  You are a child of mine and I love you and want to take care of you.  You can also boast when good things happen or when you are happy.  Again, you have something worth boasting about, I will bring you blessing and joy.  So, go ahead, BOAST!

A - OK, so I have the one thing that is worth boasting about.  I have Jesus Christ in my life and he will continue to bless me and take care of me.  I must always remember, when I am struggling or feeling down, it is not because He has left me but because I have left Him.  In those times I must get myself back under his protective covering.  So, I will continue to boast in the Lord and in all of the blessing that he has given me, even when I am struggling and I feel like he is not with me.  Actually, those are the most important times of all to boast in him, if only for my own good.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I do not boast in you.  Forgive me for my selfishness.  Help me to remember at all times that anything that happens to me, you are in control of it. Help me to continue to boast in you.  Give me the grace to boast in you even when it seems that you are not around.  Help me to remember that those are the most important times for me to look to you and refresh my joy.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete