Sunday, August 5, 2012

08/03/12 - Isaiah 59 - 63

S - Scripture that spoke to me (Out of the reading for the day)
O - Observation (God speaking to me)
A - Application (How will my life be different because of this?)
P - Prayer (Me speaking to God)


S - Isaiah 60: 1 - "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.  2 See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.  3 Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.  4 Lift up your eyes and look about you:  All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar and your daughters are carried on the arm.  b Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches  of the nations will come.  

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . now that you have come out of the wilderness, it is time for you to arise.  I want you to go into your classroom and speak for me.  Though there is darkness over your school, you will be my light to them.  Many will be attracted to your light and my glory will shine through you.  When you look around and see what your are accomplishing and your heart begins to swell with joy, just remember to glorify my name.

A - I must be the light of God shining in the darkness of the world at my school.  I will do whatever I can, within the scope of the law, to spread the name of Jesus on my campus.

P - Heavenly Father, give me the boldness, courage, and daring to speak your name on my campus and in my classroom.  Forgive me for my timidity and shyness of the past.  Help me to glorify your name.  Allow students to see me as one who is willing to speak a prayer on their behalf.  Protect me from any schemes of the evil one as I boldly represent you, with my armor firmly in place.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete