Tuesday, August 7, 2012

08/07/12 - Nahum 1 - 3

S - Nahum 1: 2 The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.  The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains he wrath against his enemies.  3 The LORD is slow to anger and great in power; the LORD will not leave the guilty unpunished.  His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.  4 He rebukes the sea and dries it up; he makes all the rivers run dry. . .  5 The mountains quake before him and the hills melt away.  The earth trembles at his presence, the world and all who live in it. . .   7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in him,  8 but with an overwhelming flood he will make an end of Nineveh; he will pursue he foes into darkness. . .  15 Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news, who proclaims peace!

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you. . . you are the one who is bringing the good news.  I am a jealous God and many are turning away from me.  I am sending you to deliver the message of good news.  I want to be a refuge for you and any others who would call on my name in times of trouble.  Many are using my name in vain in the schools and elsewhere.  I will have my vengeance.  Yours are the feet of one who brings good news.  Tell them that I am a loving God and want to save all who will call on me.

A - It is up to me to spread the good news on my campus.  It is my responsibility to love my students and colleagues as God has loved me, unconditionally.  I must begin by having a prayer group to pray for our school and for the students and teachers that I come in contact with each day.  Each one of these people is a child of God and deserves to be loved as such.  If this is going to happen, it must begin with me.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me!  Thank you for being a refuge for me when times have gotten tough.  Thank you for guiding me through those tough times.  Forgive me for the times when I have not given you the credit that is due you.  Forgive me for not recognizing that it was you that was carrying me through.  Now as we start a new school year I pray for your continued guidance and support as I bring the good news onto my campus.  Give me the wisdom to know what things I can and cannot do as a teacher.  Help me to develop my classroom as a place where students feel safe to discuss you.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete