Thursday, August 23, 2012

08/21/12 - Jeremiah 38 - 40, Psalm 74, 79

Psalm 79: 5  How long, O Lord?  Will you be angry forever?  How long will your jealousy burn like fire?  6  Pour our your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you, on the kingdoms that do not call on your name;  7 for they have devoured Jacob and destroyed his homeland.  8 Do not hold against us the sins of the fathers, may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need.  9 Help us, O God our Savior for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your names sake.  10 Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?"  Before our eyes make known among the nations that you avenge the outpoured blood of our servants.  11 May the groans of eh prisoners come before you; by the strength of your arm preserve those condemned to die.  12 Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times the reproach hey have hurled at you, O Lord.  13 Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will praise you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I will make myself known to those around you. As you gather to pray with other teachers be strong today and I will be glorified.  Speak up for me and I will give you the words to say and the courage to say them.  The people will no longer be saying, "Where is your God?"  I will be there with you and I will move in a mighty way on your campus.

A - I must gather the teachers to pray for my school and for our community.  We must make the name of God a normal everyday word on the Sanger High School campus, and not as a name taken in vain but as the name of our Father who is watching and waiting for someone to call on him so he can make himself known to the nations.  We must be bold, courageous and daring in our stand for our God and our Saviour.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for your word which is such an encouragement to me.  Thank you for the promises that we have in your word that you will move in mighty ways when we come before you. Forgive me for the times when I have been timid or afraid to speak your name boldly.  As I go before a group of teachers today that wants to lift up your name on our campus, I pray that you will give me the boldness, courage, and daring of Daniel.  I pray that you will give me the words to speak and I pray that you will make yourself known on my campus and in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment