Sunday, August 26, 2012

08/24/12 - Jeremiah 41 - 45

S - Jeremiah 42: 1 Then all the commanders of the forces, and Johanan the son of Kareah and Jezaniah the son of Hoshaiah, and all the people from the least to the greatest, came near  2 and said to Jeremiah the prophet, "Let our plea for mercy come before you, and pray to the Lord your God for us,  for all this remnant - because we are left with but a few, as your eyes see us -  3 that the Lord Your God may show us the way we should go and the thing that we should do."  4 Jeremiah the prophet said to them, "I have heard you.  Behold I will pray to the Lord your God according to your request, and what ever the Lord answer you I will tell you.  I will keep nothing back from you."  5 Then they said to Jeremiah, "May the Lord be a true and faithful witness against us if we do not act according to all the word with which the Lord your God sends you to us.  6 Whether it is good or bad, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God to whom we are sending you, that it may be well with us when we obey the voice of the Lord our God."  7 At the end of ten days the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah.  8 Then he summoned Johanan the son of Kareah and all the commanders of the forces who were with him, and all the people from the least to the greatest,  9 and he said to them, "Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to present your plea for mercy before him;  10 If you will remain in this land, then I will build you up and not pull you down; I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I relent of the disaster that I did to you.
19 The Lord has said to you, O remnant of Judah, 'Do not go to Egypt.'  Know for a certainty that I have warned you this day  20 that you have gone astray at the cost of your lives.  For you sent me to the Lord your God, saying, 'Pray for us to the Lord our God, and what ever the Lord our God says declare to us and we will do it.'  21 And I have this day declared it to you, but you have not obeyed the voice of the Lord your God in anything that he sent me to tell you.  
43: 1 When Jeremiah finished speaking to all the people all these words of the Lord their God, with which the Lord their God has sent to them,  2  Azariah the son of Hoshaiah and Johanan the son of Kareah and all the insolent men said to Jeremiah, "You are telling a lie,  The Lord our God did not send you to say, 'Do not go to Egypt to live there,'

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have sent you messages.  I have spoken to you.  When I speak, I expect that people will listen and obey.  These people did not obey me, and then when they asked for me to send them a message, and I did, they called my messenger a liar.  As my messenger, I am sure that there are those people who will call you a liar and will not listen to you.  Be prepared for this.  When that happens, all you have to do is deliver the message.  If they do not believe you, then I will take care of things from there.  You are my servant, my disciple, and I love you.  You are serving me and I will take care of you.

A - As a servant of the living God, I am supposed to deliver his message to the people, those who are at my school.  I must be certain to deliver the true message of God, that he loves them and wants them to be his children also.  I must make sure that the message lines up with what the scriptures say.  I must make sure that I do not add or subtract anything from it.  I must continually remind myself that all I have to do is plant the seed, God will handle the rest.

P - Heavenly Father,  thank you for the honor of serving you.  Thank you for allowing me to deliver your message to the people in Sanger.  I pray that you will give me strength to accept the people who call me, or you, a liar.  Give me the courage to deliver your message with clarity and focus.  I pray that you will give me the words to say when the time comes.  Forgive me for my timidity and fear.  Help me to have a spirit of confidence.












No comments:

Post a Comment