Friday, August 24, 2012

08/22/12 - 2 Kings 24 - 25; 2 Chronicles 36


S - 2 Chronicles 36: 11  Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem.  12 He did what was evil in the sight of the Lord his God.  He did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet, who spoke from the mouth of the Lord.  13 He also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear by God.  He stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the Lord, the God of Israel.  14 All the officers of the priests and the people likewise were exceedingly unfaithful,  following all the abominations of the nations.  And they polluted the house of the Lord that he had made holy in Jerusalem.  15 The Lord, the God of their fathers, sent persistently to them by his messengers, because he had compassion on his people and on his dwelling place.  16 But they kept mocking the messengers of God, despising his words and scoffing at his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord rose against his people, until there was no remedy.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . you are one of my prophets.  I am sending you to your school to speak to the people.  The people are doing what is evil in my sight, like they did in the days of Zedekiah.  I want you to bring my message to the people of Sanger High School.  You are speaking for me on that campus.  Do not fear and do not worry about what to say.  I will be with you at all times.  Just believe in me and speak my words to everyone who will listen.  I know that there are those already who are scoffing the prayer group.  But this is a great thing.  And what is more, by gathering my faithful, you have more strength, for I will be with you all.  Call on my name and I will descend on your campus.

A - What a great calling and what a humbling assignment.  I must speak God's name to everyone who will listen on my campus.  I must not be ashamed to speak up at all times.  It is my duty as a Christian, as a child of the one true God, to deliver the message of salvation to the teachers and students on the Sanger High School Campus.

P - Heavenly Father, give me strength to do the things that you are asking me to do.  I want to be your disciple on my campus.  I want to be your prophet.  But I am only one man.  Please bring these others along side of me and give me words to speak to them so that they will work with me to evangelize to the people of Sanger, students, teachers, and parents.  Thank you for the promises in your word that you will always be with me.  Bless me and enlarge my territory so that I might serve you to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment