Sunday, August 19, 2012

08/17/12 - Jeremiah 26 - 29

S - Jeremiah 29: 11 - 14  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I do have plans for you.  They are plans to prosper you.  If you will continue to live for me and glorify my name in all that you do, I will take care of you.  If you call on me in prayer and seek me with all your heart, I will hear you and I will answer your prayers and you will find me where you are.  Continue to live your life in such a way as to please me and you will not be disappointed.  

A - I must trust that the Lord has my best interest in mind in all things.  When I get students in my class that concern me, I must trust that the Lord has put them there for a reason.  I must see them as image bearers of God and treat them as God's children, which they are.  When I get put into troubling situations, I have to trust that the Lord knows what is going on and that he will see me through the situations and continue to watch over me.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for the promises that I find in your word, that you will continue to watch over me and take care of me.  Thank you for the promise that you have a plan for me and that you will prosper me, if I continue to seek you in prayer and lift up your name.  Guide me as I enter a new school year.  Give me the love for my students that only you can provide.  Give me the strength and the courage to lift up your name in my classroom on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment