Friday, August 10, 2012

08/10/12 - Jeremiah 1 - 3

S - Jeremiah 1: 4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,  5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,  before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  6 "Ah, sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."  7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.'  You must go to everyone I send you to and say what ever I command you.  8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.  9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth.  10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have sent you, just as I sent Jeremiah in his time.  You will be my prophet on your campus.  I want you to transform your classroom with my love and truth.  You will bring my message to your classroom and will proclaim that I am love.  I have put my words in your mouth.  Do not be afraid of what you shall say or what you shall do.  I will guide you and speak through you.  I will be your protector.  Put your trust in me and do as I instruct you to do.

A - Wow, what a calling!  I guess I can't use my youth as an excuse (I'm almost 50).  But I can say that it is a little scary to be called to transform my classroom with God's love and truth.  I praise God for the training that I received at the Daniel Institute this summer.  I must go into my classroom and see each of my students as children of the living God, image bearers of God.  I must love them as he would if he were in the front of my classroom.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for the calling that you have put on my life.  Thank you for the promises that you have given me in your word, that you will be with me at all times, that you will protect me, and that you will put words in my mouth to speak.  I call on you now to fulfill those promises as I get ready to begin a new school year.  Help me to see each of my students as your children.  Help me to love them as you would.  Give me words to speak, within the legal bounds that I have, to convey your message to each of those students.  Thank you for loving me enough to call me to serve you.  Thank you for the training that I received this summer.  Help me to recall that as I begin teaching again.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete