Thursday, August 9, 2012

08/08/12 - 2 Kings 22 - 23; 2 Chronicles 34 - 35

S - Chronicles 34: 2  And he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, and walked in the ways of David his father; and he did not turn aside to the right hand of to the left.  3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet a boy, he began to seek the God of David, his father, and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem of the high places, the Asherim, and the carved and the metal images.
19 And when the king heard the words of the Law, he tore his clothes.  20 And the king commanded Hilkiah, Ahikam the son of Shaphan, Abdon the son of Micah, Shaphan the secretary, and Asaiah the king's servant, saying,  21 "Go, inquire of the Lord for me and for those who are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that was found.  For great is the wrath of the Lord that is poured out on us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the Lord, to do according to all that is written in this book."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . Josiah served me even before he knew the Law.  Then when he found "the Book" he realized the things that he was supposed to do.  Then he really got serious about serving me.  You have had "The Book" all along and are you reading it consistently?  Are you serving me the way it tells you to?  I want you to walk in my ways and not to turn to the right hand or the left.  I want you to seek after me.  Read my instruction manual on a regular basis and follow the commands that I have set forth for you.  

A - If a king who had never even read the Law of Moses can do what is right in the eyes of the Lord.  I should be able to do so even more: I have The Bible to guide me.  If when he did read the Law, he tore his clothes and sought God and brought the entire country along with him,  I should be able to seek the Lord and serve him on my campus.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us your word so we can read about people who followed you, even when they didn't have a guide to read.  Forgive me for not following your commands, even when I read them straight from "your letter to us."  Give me the strength to follow your commands and live for you on my campus.  I pray that my life will be a testimony to you every day.  

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete