Sunday, August 5, 2012

08/05/12 - 2 Kings 20 - 21

S - 2 Kings 20: 2 - Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD,  3"Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with whole hearted devotion and have done what is good in our eyes."  And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him:  5 "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father, David, says: I have heard our prayed and seen your tears; I will heal you.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . there will be days when you will struggle and have hard times. Just know that you can cry out to me and I will hear you.  I long to answer your prayers.  I long to help you out of the tough times.  I want to be the first one you turn to when the going gets a little tough, not your last resort.  Remember, I can be called on for any little thing that comes up.  Don't wait for just the really difficult times.  Call on me any time at all.

A - I must remember that God is there all the time, just waiting for me to call on him.  As the new school year begins, I know there will be some struggles.  I know that there will be some challenges.  I know that I will want to give up some days.  In those times, God is just waiting for me to call on him so he can give me the strength to go on.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have tried to get through the tough times on my own strength.  Forgive me for not having the faith to call  on you.  Help me to always remember that you want to help me through those times when I just feel like giving in.  As we begin a new school year, I ask for strength for all of my Daniel Leadership Institute friends.  Give us all the strength to go into our classrooms and love the students that you have given us.  Help us all to remember that each one of those children bears your image.  And, most of all, protect us all from the plans and the schemes of he evil one.  Help us to always remember to put on the armor that you have given us.  We love you and want to serve you always.

1 comment:

  1. If this blesses you in any way, I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment. Thanks, Harlan

    ReplyDelete