Thursday, November 1, 2012

10/23/12 - Matthew 16; Mark 8

S - Mark 8:34 - And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him den himself and take up his cross and follow me.  35 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.  36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?  37 For what can a man give in return for his soul?  38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do not be ashamed of me.  Do not be afraid to tell others of your love for me and your relationship with me.  Do not hesitate to speak my name in the public places.  I will be with you and I will protect you.  What can anyone do to you except laugh at you.  And don't I know what that is like.  If you truly love me you will want to tell everyone about me, right.  

A - I must not be ashamed to speak the name of Jesus where ever I go and in what ever situation I am in.  I must tell others of his love.  If I am ashamed to do this, then when he comes back, he will be ashamed of me.

P - heavenly Father, please forgive me for the times when I have not spoken of you or voiced your name because of fear or shame.  Forgive me for not speaking of you at times when I knew I should have.  Help me have the strength and courage of Daniel and to tell everyone I meet that I love you and am proud of my relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment